Welcome to the Activist Art WebRing
A WebRing makes traveling between linked sites even easier. Once you have installed a small block of code links on your webpage, you are linked into a growing number of other sites with similar themes and content -- without ever having to update a link page again. Webring.com takes care of that for you.
The Activist Art webring contains sites that:
- Have activist content, on any cause. Only sites promoting hatred or abuse will be ruled out.
- Have original artistic content, of any form: visual, written, musical or other.
- Load with reasonable speed and without errors, for all browsers.
- Are willing to place the webring code (with or without graphic) on a page from which visitors can easily navigate to and from all other pages of their site. I would prefer this to be a contents page, but I expect artists to have firm ideas about site design, and I'm willing to have you put the webring code on a separate "webrings" page. But whatever page you put the code on must either be the page you register with the webring (the page that vistors to the webring will enter your site on) or be easily, visibly linked from there. You are joining a community -- you want people to easily get to your site, and you also want them to easily travel from your site to your fellow member sites.
Webring is once more independent. You no longer have to join Yahoo to join a webring. If you have not kept up with the mig5rations, however, you will need to sign up at Webring.com and associate your ring site with your ID before you can edit it.
You still have the option to join the Activist Art Webring at RingSurf. There are fewer sites on this webring yet, and it may initially get less traffic. But it is linked from the Singing Bears Activist Art home page, and we'll see how it builds. If you want to join the RingSurf Activist Art Webring, click here.
To join the Webring.com Activist Art Webring:
- Fill out the information on your site here.
- Email me to take a look at your page. I will let you know within one week if your site fits into the Activist Art webring, or if I have reservations. If I have concerns I will try to work them out with you. See above for the kind of thing I'm looking for.
- Once I let you know that your page qualifies to join the ring, you still need to add the ring code before you become an active member.
- If you do not yet have a navigation bar on your page, sign in at the Webring homepage to get it. Detailed instructions.
- HTML code
- The HTML "pretty code" is no longer sent to you in tailored form, but you can copy the version of your choice here and modify it by inserting your own site title, email address, and site ID.
Email me if you have an questions or problems.
Tour the Activist
Webring! This site owned by Singing Bears.
Previous 5 Sites
Next 5 Sites
To edit your Yahoo Activist Art listing, Click
The Safe Viewing List
As of 12/5/98, an additional link has been added to the Activist Art webring code:
Safe Viewing List, no triggers for abuse survivors.
The Activist Art ring is and always will be uncensored. Some artists and writers choose to display their message in graphic language and shocking images. But while I believe in the right to feedom of speech, I also believe in the right to freedom of choice. It is especially important to me that abuse survivors have a way to protect themselves from possibly traumatic triggers. We therefore have a new list-within-a-list, Activist Art member sites that contain no material that could reasonably be expected to trigger an abuse survivor. I will add qualifying sites to this list as fast as I can: if I have missed yours, please write to me.
If you joined Activist Art prior to 12/6/98, please add the Safe Viewing Link to your webring code, one of two ways:
- Pick up an updated copy of the webring code by using the "Edit" form above;
- Copy the new code below and add it to your existing code block.
<A HREF=http://members.tripod.com/~SingingBear/safeview.html">Safe Viewing List</A>, no triggers for abuse survivors.
Edit RingSurf Member Information
Remember -- webring magic only works with your help. If your website address, email address or any other information changes, use the form below to edit your webring entry. That's all you have to do to stay linked in to the entire webring -- but if you don't do that, we'll lose you!
This Ring of Rings site is owned by Anitra L. Freeman, Singing Bear.
This Ring of Rings/Ring Master Ring site is owned by Anitra L. Freeman, Singing Bear.
Return to the Singing
Bears Home Page